About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Track & report on the company’s current and projected state in regards to BIM implementation, especially in regards to Revit.
• Create strategies for the BIM implementation effort.
o Assess current workflows,
o Plan for improvements and implementation, and execute rollouts
o Confirm the success of the plan by evaluating the goals.
• Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM and make recommendations regarding BIM software.
• Create automated routines in BIM to support standards, productivity and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for leading BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement.
• Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
• Support project standards coordination with customers.
• Create and maintain Revit families in response to documentation needs.
• Provide hardware and network input/support related to BIM workflow.
• Coordinate required software and hardware upgrades with IT.
• Conduct internal continuing education for staff across all offices.
• Maintain high level of competency of software and industry standards such as NCS & NBIMS through continued use and training.
• Create Web and literature documentation for marketing purposes.
• Conduct presentations at relevant client focused conferences.
• Involvement with Industry Organizations such as AIA Technology in Architectural Practice (TAP), Autodesk University, AUGI, and local colleges/universities.
3+ years’ experience in AEC industry w/ production experience in design, drafting or engineering
Advanced in-depth knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD & BIM related plugins/extensions
In-depth working knowledge of current BIM standards such as NCS & NBIMS
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education
Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
5+ years’ experience in AEC industry w/ production experience in design, drafting or engineering
Knowledge of RAM, RISA, IES, Trane Trace, Green Building Suite, SketchUp, Microstation and other BIM related programs
Examples of published BIM related blogs/articles &/or webinar presentations
Experience with LEAN design
Thorough knowledge of Navisworks
About the Company
Albert Kahn Associates, Inc., through responsible leaders, shall recruit, hire, upgrade, train and promote in all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, misdemeanor arrest record in which there has been no conviction, disability, except where disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification, or status as a disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Natasha.Fitzpatrick@akahn.com.